Vegan White Chick’n Chili
Wait….. this blog has recipes?!? Who knew?
Alright people, this stuff is super yummy and a nice change of pace from the traditional red chili. I was inspired by this lovely YouTube video that walked you through making white chick’n chili, but after following it once, I realized video recipes are not for me. And I realized that the chili needed a little tweaking, so I added more spices, some frozen corn, garlic, and more green chilis. I think that you can buy hot green chilis, which would really make this nice and spicy!
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 gloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon EVOO
- (2) 4 oz cans green chilies
- (1) 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 4 cups white beans
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 package Gardein Chick'n strips
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Warm EVOO in a large pot, medium low heat. Add onion and garlic and cook for about 5 minutes, until soft. Next, add in green chilis and diced tomatoes. Cook for approximately 5 more minutes, stirring frequently. Add in vegetable broth, white beans, corn, cumin, oregano, chili powder, cayenne, and salt and simmer. While chili is simmering, cook Gardein chick'n strips according to the package directions. Once cooked, cut the strips into small pieces and then add to the pot. Stir, then cover and simmer for about 20 minutes. After the chili has simmered, stir in the apple cider vinegar. Serve with tortilla chips.