It’s a great time to be (or go) vegan! I’ve compiled a list of some of my favorite resources below. Happy reading!
There are sooooooooooooo many wonderful vegan food blogs out there, it’s hard to even narrow down my favorites. But, I’ll share my top ten places to find delicious vegan recipes. Follow me on Pinterest to see what I’m drooling over!
- Oh She Glows
- Minimalist Baker
- Oh My Veggies
- Pinch of Yum
- Vegan Richa
- I Love Vegan
- Cookie And Kate
- Damn Delicious
- Fat Free Vegan
- The Vegan Stoner
*BONUS, because who doesn’t LOVE desserts?!? Chocolate Covered Katie has some amazing dessert recipes to share. Click at your own risk!
I mostly use the internet for recipes, but I do have a small collection of cookbooks that I like. Here are my top five:
- Eat, Drink, and Be Vegan by Dreena Burton. She has other cookbooks as well, plus an awesome website. Find her books here.
- Vegan with a Vengeance by Isa Chandra. She has several cookbooks out, has her own restaurant(s) and an awesome website. Find out more here.
- Quick and Easy Vegan Comfort Food by Alicia Simpson. She also has two other cookbooks and a blog. Find her here.
- Vegan Cooking for Carnivores by Roberto Martin. This guy is awesome! He is the personal chef of Ellen DeGeneres and Portia DeRossi, and his cookbook has some really fun recipes (our favorite is the fried “chicken”). I used this book a lot when hubs was first considering veganism. You can find some of his recipes on Ellen’s website, here.
- The Oh She Glows Cookbook by Angela Liddon. I love her blog, and I love her cookbook! My favorites in this book include ANY smoothie, granola, and the garlic tofu. Find her here.
Veganism is growing by leaps and bounds, and the internet is filled with amazing resources for making the switch. Here are my two favorites:
- PETA’s Guide to Going Vegan Don’t panic! PETA may have the reputation of being a little bit crazy, but they do have an awesome resource site for going vegan. It never hurts to look!
- The Vegan Society has a great page with tons of info. The how to go vegan page is a short read with a lot of resources and ideas. Check them out!
There are so many amazing vegan products out there, and more and more are available every year. Here are some of my favorites!
- Follow Your Heart. My personal favorites from this company are the cheese slices. We love using the provolone on sandwiches, and FVB also loves this cheese plain, or melted on crackers. They also make a vegan egg!
- Tofutti. We love both their cream cheese and their sour cream. FVB is a HUGE fan on eating the sour cream plain. I prefer it on baked potatoes or tacos, but whatever floats your boat!
- Field Roast. This company has a lot of delicious options. Our personal favorites are the Apple Maple Breakfast Sausage and the Chao cheese slices.
- Hampton Creek. This company puts out new products regularly! We love the Just Mayo. I also recently tried the Just Cookie Dough and it was AMAZING.
- Daiya. We like the cheddar and mozzarella shreds. The best part about these is that they freeze really well! We like them on pizza, quesadillas, in casseroles, etc. I hear mixed reviews on them from other vegans, but we personally like them!
There are more and more films coming out that address veganism. Here are three to start, each looking at veganism through a different lens:
- Cowspiracy addresses the environmental impact of animal agriculture
- Forks Over Knives addresses the impact that meat/dairy have on the health of Americans
- Earthlings addresses the many ways that humans use and exploit animals for economic gain
Eating Animals by Jonathan Safran Foer. This book literally changed the way that I thought about the dairy industry, and started me on my path to veganism. If you read any book, please read this one.
Farm Sanctuary; Changing Hearts and Minds about Animals and Food by Gene Baur. I am a little bit in love with Gene Baur. He is the force behind my very favorite animal rescue organization, Farm Sanctuary, and is basically a celebrity in the vegan world. AND I MET HIM ONCE! AND HE SIGNED MY COPY OF THIS BOOK! The book is interesting and information, check it out!
Why We Love Dogs, Eat Pigs, and Wear Cows by Melanie Joy. I love this book because it’s a really interesting read about why we treat certain animals differently than others. I heard Dr. Joy speak at Farm Sanctuary last summer. You can see the video of that talk here.
Esther the Wonder Pig. This is the amazing story of a couple who adopts what they thought to be a mini pig. Turns out Esther was a full sized pig! They embark on a journey to open their own sanctuary for farm animals. Follow Esther’s antics on Facebook, too! She is quite the personality.