Seriously, how did I end up being the mommy of the World’s Cutest Baby? It’s ridiculous. And I can only say this now because he has been with my mom for 2 hours and I miss him terribly. One of the many, many great things about living in NY is that my mom is here and she takes FVB regularly. They do fun things like play outside in her giant yard, go to the library, and go to Walmart. Every time she brings him back she says (and I’m quoting): “He was absolutely perfect.” So naturally she takes him quite often and that means that I get a lot of “free” time to do my own thing. Here are some awesome things that I have done recently while alone:
- Sat at the computer and poured over every single image from our recent family photo shoot, agonizing over which pictures to print and where to hang them. Followed by several minutes of studying myself in the mirror because DO I REALLY HAVE WRINKLES like I saw in the pictures?!?! (By the way, our photographer did a phenomenal job. I went to high school with her and she actually lives right across the street from us now!)
- Taken the world’s longest, hottest shower while belting out “Part of Your World” from the Little Mermaid.
- Completed really lame, mundane household tasks in roughly 1/4 of the time that they normally take while listening to my favorite podcasts and actually following along with what they are talking about because I’m not constantly saying “No Mac, don’t ____” (climb in the dishwasher, tease the dog with your snack, take a bite out of that unpeeled cutie).
- Sat down and made a list of all of the things that I need to do. Then read it over a few times, possibly color coded it, maybe wrote down things I’ve already done and crossed them off, all while sipping a homemade latte that is actually hot.
- Scrolled through my Pinterest board and wondered if I had the time or the materials to do any of the awesome organizing projects that I have pinned. Decided that I didn’t, but that I did have time to pin a few more ideas.
- Thought about how long it’s been since I’ve written a blog post and wondered if my 2-4 readers are wondering where I am.
So here I am, still semi surrounded by chaos but writing anyway. I’m trying to prioritize writing at least twice a month, because it definitely is typically on the back burner. SH*T I JUST REMEMBERED I HAVE SOMETHING ON THE STOVE.
Whew, crisis averted. It was only stock and it’s simmering!
I have lots of fun ideas circulating in my head about how to move forward with the blog that will help me stay on track with writing regularly and will keep things organized (something that does not come naturally to me). Pinterest has some great ideas for organizing though, maybe I should check a few of those out……
aiming for going to do another post in two weeks! In the meantime, I’ll close out with another picture from our family photo shoot (one that does not feature me or my wrinkles).